Shepherdsville, KY—July 28, 2014—Publishers Press and twelve partner-customers received Graphic Awards of Excellence from the Printing Industry Association of the South (PIAS) at the Annual Convention in Hilton SanDestin Beach Resort in Destin, Florida.
The PIAS Graphic Awards competition, held annually, recognizes and honors those responsible for the creation, design and production of top-quality printed materials; those which have impact, appeal and effectiveness as sales/marketing, communications or educational medium.
Entries must be submitted in one of four divisions: Printers with less than 25 employees; Printers with 25 to 75 employees; Printers with more than 75 employees; and Trade Houses specializing in Binding & Finishing Services. Using a point system a panel of three experts evaluate each entry. To earn an Award of Excellence printed pieces must earn a certain number of points based on degree of difficulty; quality and technique of reproduction; excellence in creativity; design and typography; general layout; and, if appropriate, unusual applications such as special effects.
Publishers Press congratulates the following customers on their 2014 PIAS Graphic Award of Excellence:
Category: Programs (4 or more colors)
- American Magazine Media Conference - AM2C October 2013
- Motorsport Marketing, Inc. – Amelia Island Concours d’ Elegance
- Circuit of the Americas – Red Bull Grand Prix
Category: Magazines (4 or more colors)
- Casiano Communications – Imagen December 2013
- Charleston Style & Design – Summer 2013
- Community Journals, LLC – Town Magazine
- First Vision Media Group – Vision Care Product News
- Height of Land Publications - Alpinist
- Itty Smitty, LLC – Cake & Whiskey
- M and L Publishing. LLC – Inside Northside
- Palm Beach Media Group – Naples Charity Register
- Palm Beach Media Group – Naples Illustrated
Category: Catalogs (4 or more colors)
- Glidewell Laboratories – 2013 Product Catalog
Publishers Press is a family owned company in its fifth generation, with two production plants near Louisville, Kentucky. What began as a printing company in 1866 has evolved into a leading content distributor with a strong expertise in the magazine publishing industry. The full-service operation offers capabilities that include printing, logistics, digital solutions, label & packaging and more, with a concentrated focus on providing value-added solutions to its clients.