Publishers Press is a fifth-generation printing company with a tradition of partnering with clients rather than simply servicing them. We work diligently to maintain the standards of high quality and impeccable customer service we’ve provided since 1866.
For 150 years we’ve been a pioneer in the industry, producing the first magazine using a complete computer-to-plate process, and offering the first in-house distribution system including co-mailing and drop shipping. We offer a full range of digital publishing solutions including digital editions, e-mail marketing, ContentXpress, PubApp and custom publishing & design services. We also print posters, training manuals, newsletters, business cards, variable data, brochures, labels & packaging, and much more. Whatever printing needs you have, Publishers Press will deliver a quality product with personalized service.
We are a magazine printer with innovation and excellence in the field and a commitment to provide the publishing market with complete printing services.
- Standard, digest and tabloid-size publications
- Saddle stitch and perfect bound
- Printing, binding, finishing and distribution solutions
- Inserts, reprints, mail lists, digital magazines, posters, print-to-foam core and more
Publishers Press is equipped to handle all your electronic prepress needs with the capabilities to accept your publications’ materials in practically any format or at any step in the process. We were the first company to print a magazine produced completely with computer-to-plate processes, and we continue today to make innovations in the prepress area.
Our prepress capabilities include several value-added services available to our clients such as digital asset management, online remote proofing and digital ad services.
Our 19 web-offset presses, with up to nine units, are equipped with inline register-control systems, scanning densitometers and closed-loop color correction as well as thoroughly trained operators. We also offer glossy and matte UV coating, varnish and spot colors.
In order to maintain print consistency, weekly maintenance is scheduled on all production equipment, and our employees are well trained in their craft. Our staff of skilled technicians are capable of repairing any press malfunction in order to limit down time. Raw materials are tested before and during use, all jobs are audited for quality control and systems are in place to track and monitor the work that is being done for your peace of mind and ours.
In addition to publication printing and distribution, we have a commercial division locally known as Publishers Printing Company.
As the fourth largest publication printer in North America, Publishers Press is large enough to provide complete prepress, web offset printing, bindery and distribution services that take advantage of the latest technologies. As a family-owned printer, however, we remain small enough to provide publishers with the personal attention and support they deserve.
We have committed numerous resources solely to customer service, not only to provide service that is second to none in the industry, but also to develop a genuine partnership with customers. All of our people take printing your publication personally. Your work becomes our work, and that’s not taken lightly.
- Fourth largest publication printer in North America
- Produce 1200+ titles each month
- Family owned and operated since 1866
- Two production plants in Kentucky within 12 miles of each other, providing 1 million square feet of manufacturing space
- 19 web presses featuring multiple web configurations and sizes
- Eight perfect binders and 11 saddle-stitch binders with a capacity of up to 32 signatures
- Nearly 40 million pounds of paper recycled each year with the cyclone waste paper retrieval system
- Nearly 5,000 square feet of space devoted to training
- Approximately 1 million pounds of mail drop shipped each week
- 100 percent of Periodicals-Class magazines mail on pallets
- 90 percent of magazines participating in PubXpress are drop shipped
- Multiple drop shipments each week to 148 destinations covering 173 postal entry points
- 3 to 1 customer/service professional ratio
- Five dedicated customer service team members per customer offering various levels of production experience and expertise to best serve you
- Customer service personnel available 24 hours a day
- Over 1,400 employees dedicated to excellence who want to become your source for publication printing